Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) are pieces of vinyl tile that resembles real natural stone tile. Like we mentioned earlier when talking about Luxury Vinyl Planks, Luxury Vinyl Tiles also come in several different grades as well. Although styling and color are important, one should always remember that there are inherent differences in the production and grades of Luxury Vinyl Tiles that can determine how long your floor will last.
- Floating vinyl floors are waterproof not water resistant flooring. Traditionally old type vinyl tile/planks were glued down. Now the new waterproof floating vinyl has a click lock system like the older version of the floating laminate floor (laminate is not waterproof).
- Thickness of your flooring determines if your click lock system will break off in your fingers or not. A strong click lock system insures a longer life of your floor.
- In some instances a floating floor could be a less expensive alternative to a glue down installation.
- Most of the floating vinyl products have an attached pad for sound and comfort (many pad thickness/type choices here also). There is a special LVT/LVP pad that is used strictly for floating vinyl products that do not come with pad attached (unless the manufacturer recommends no pad)
- There are different LVT/LVP pads for different subfloors.
Luxury vinyl plank and luxury vinyl tile or LVP and LVT for short, is a new cost effective option to traditional hardwood flooring. Give our team a call or stop by our showroom to look at our huge selection of luxury vinyl tile and luxury vinyl planks for your home or office!